Types of the metal detectors directly depend on their circuitry. Different models use different approaches to the formation of an electromagnetic field. Those who wish can read on their own what the BFO beat method, ultra-low frequency transceiver TR/VLF, high frequency RF method, PI pulsation induction method, etc. Actually, the difference in the price of simple and high-end devices is already becoming clear: a lot depends on the number of duplicate circuits in the design of the metal detector, in equipment for filtering false alarms, for accurate software modeling of the results of finds.
In a nutshell, modern models of metal detectors can even work underwater, look for coins at a depth of up to 35-40 cm, and large metal objects at a depth of up to a meter or more. In addition, devices can be divided into groups:
- Universal. Used for any purpose, "omnivorous", but also the simplest and cheapest;
- Diligent. Devices with a search frequency that is tuned to detect exclusively gold nuggets;
- Construction. Usually needed to search for pipes, wires. Such metal detectors are organized somewhat differently than other induction devices;
- Security. Security frames and hand-held detectors saw and felt everything on themselves. They are stationary, wearable, postal, etc.
- Underwater. Used to search for various objects at the bottom of ponds. Hermetically sealed, devices almost do not require adjustment in operation;
- Deep. Only large objects can be searched, but at depths of up to 6 meters underground.
Check different models of detectors at tenrows and choose the one you need taking into account their distinctive features.
What Can a Detector Do?
In particular, when detecting metal, an advanced metal detector has such functions:
- Distinguish the presence of ferrous and non-ferrous metal;
- Roughly determine the shape and mass of the object;
- Inform in advance the depth of the subject;
- Submit alarm, sound, and visual material to the display;
Particularly expensive models can even report on the coin found and its characteristics at a depth of up to a third of a meter. It should be noted that to develop a good device at home is almost impossible even for a specialist: it will not be possible to configure it due to the presence of numerous magnetic fields. Fortunately, the cheapest appliances today can be bought for as low as $100.
What Else Can You Do with Metal Detectors?
How to use a metal detector? Someone thinks that only black archaeologists and lovers to search for lost gold on the beaches use the instruments. In fact, metal detectors are still used to mine the area since the war, to search for the exact bookmark of engineering communications, to search for ordinary non-ferrous metal in scrap metal, to search for lost things in the snow, etc. In any family, such a device will not be amiss, especially in rural areas. Such a gift will be appropriate for any holiday!